Friday, June 1, 2012

The Best Homemade Taco's You Will Ever Eat!!

I grew up on these little guys. I mean literally my Grandma's tacos were a weekly thing. They may not be the healthiest tacos you will ever eat but they will be the tastiest. Jake eats 6 in one sitting and I have learned to always make extra because once you get going you can't stop. I hope you enjoy!


First, what you want to do is poor about 1/4-1/2 a cup of oil into your frying pan and let it heat up on medium-high heat.
Take the tortillas and a good amount of hamburger, you dont want to much hamburger or else it wont cook all the way through but make sure there is enough because it will shrink up while cooking.

 You will then use a fork and press the hamburger down on half of the tortilla.

Only on half so you can fold the tortilla.

Next, you will then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.

Then, place in the oil, let the tortilla soften then fold in half. You will know if the oil is a too hot if it is popping like crazy and your tortilla is browning to fast. Just turn your heat down if you need to.

Let the taco cook until the tortilla is hard and a golden brown.

Take out of the oil and place on a paper towl. Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes... whatever is your favorite. Jake and I only like cheese and El Pato Sauce or my Dad's Hot Sauce.



The Best Homemade Taco's

Tortillas(one for each taco)
Hamburger
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1/4-1/2 cup oil
Desire toppings to serve

First what you want to do is poor about 1/4-1/2 a cup of oil into your frying pan and let it heat up. Take the tortillas and a good amount of hamburger, you dont want to much hamburger or else it wont cook all the way through but make sure there is enough because it will shrink up while cooking. You will then use a fork and press the hamburger  down on half of the tortilla. Only on half so you can fold the tortilla.
Next you will then season with salt and pepper and garlic salt.
 Then, place in the oil, let the tortilla soften then fold in half. Let the taco cook until the tortilla is hard and a golden brown.
Take out of the oil and place on a paper towl. Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes what ever is your favorite. Jake and I only like cheese and El Pato Sauce or my Dad's Hot Sauce.


Want a good side dish?

4 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmmm. I want some tacos now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how organized and thrifty your new blog is! Hope all is going well with you guys! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! These sound so good and fattening. (Which equals delicious in my book!) You actually fry the raw hamburger IN the taco? How cool is that! I've never heard of El Pato before. I'll be sure to look for it next time I shop. I wanted to ask you...I see that you have a "print recipe" button for your recipes. I tried it through PrintEasy or SimplePrint??? Something like that and it messed up my blog until I removed it. Any tips for a fellow blogger? Thanks so much!

    ~chanda stehlik
    www.onecraftymommy.com
    www.sonotbetty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I made these tacos the other night and they were totally awesome!!! I have put a post on my blog about it if you want to read it. I've also linked to you, giving you credit for the recipe. Thanks...we loved these! Thinking of taking stock out in El Pato! Yummmmm!

    chanda
    www.soNOTbetty.com

    ReplyDelete